Monday, August 19, 2013

Abstract Art in Nursery

I mentioned yesterday that I got around to finishing a painting for my little girl's room. After much debate, I decided to do an abstract rather than something coastal. I feel like it flows a little better with all the geometrics and patterns going on already in the room.

First, I had to decide what size was I going to paint. I have several canvas sizes at home in my gallery inventory, so I held a few different sizes up. You know, a Goldilocks approach. 16x20 felt too small, and on the other scale 28x32 felt too big. So, I hopped over to the art store and got an 18x24. Just right. 

I wanted something with all the colors in the room, plus a little bit of pink. I've caught a little slack from people since I have absolutely no pink in this girl's room. Everything is blue and green, ha! Oh well, here you go people. Some pink! 


I really like the way it turned out and hope that baby girl will like it, too. I also got around to hanging the sweet dragonfly mobile I purchased from Baby Jives. If you don't know about them, you should definitely check it out. All handmade mobiles in all sorts of colors and designs. She recently added whale mobiles to her shop which are way too cute for words! 


Here's a few close ups. I tried to mimic the watery feel of the fabric I used for the nursery curtains.



Once it was hung, I stepped back and started daydreaming about my little one looking up at the painting her mommy made for her and staring at her crib mobile. 



Seriously, this is my favorite room in the whole house. I can't wait for my little one to see it, too!