Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl, Super Hubs, & Super Clean

This past weekend was filled with things that were, well, super.  We hosted a Super Bowl gathering at our house for our small group.  It was a little bit last minute, and everybody brought different finger foods and hubs and I threw a couple things together, too.  But, before the party, that meant the house had to get clean (remember, I just finished up the big painting project, so I had some cleanup to do!).  Along with the cleaning, hubs got the drapery rods up in the living room, and hung the mirror I swiped from Joss & Main (a round 35x35, it was a steal!).




And now, post paint buckets/brushes/drop cloths, etc. the living room is clean, and pretty much done! But of course, once one project is over, I have to have another.  So onto the half bath, I decided the vanity would become black.  And so now, black it is, with some glass knobs for bling.  That room is now done, too, which is super.




Then, we were ready for the party.  So, back to hubs and how super he is.  Along with all the sides all our friends brought (cheese and sausage dip, potato skins, devil's on horseback, ice cream cake, spicy chicken rolls), he grilled wings and whipped up some homemade sauces.  Between the mesquite, buffalo, and teriyaki, I stuffed myself silly. Hubs has become quite the grillin' machine, which works out well for me!  
The Grill Master:

The only thing not so super this weekend was the actual game itself.  Boo.  Oh well, maybe next year Tom.