Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Living Room in Performance Neutrals

Happy Tuesday! Two blog posts in one week, who the heck am I? 2010 Ashley. Ha.

The Houston House carries CR Laine for custom upholstery. Amazing quality, beautiful pieces, plenty of fabrics to choose from, plus it's all made right here in the USA. Hot dog.

My most recently completed living room using CR Laine was for a busy working family of 4, soon to be 5!

 My client and I started with updating her bookshelves. I added a pretty seamist fine sisal wallpaper from Thibaut to the backs of the shelves. It added both color and texture to backdrop the frames and decor.



I hid the tv speaker with a placemat :P Technology is a must, but we don't really want to stare at it all the time, now do we?




Then the fun part, sourcing the furniture and selecting fabrics! I wanted to incorporate some of the pretty colors in her marble countertops and fireplace (hence the wallpaper color!) and she was good with that.. so off we went!



We carried on with the color into custom throw pillows, and opted for all performance fabrics on the sofa, swivel chairs and ottoman.




Gray is thibaut in self welt, spotted is Cr Laine with a contrast welt in Thibaut essex velvet.



CR Laine's premium driftwood leg finish on the Carter Sofa with gray tape band on back pillows. I mean I just die. 



CR Laine's Grace swivel chairs



To maximize space and usability, I had a custom waterfall ottoman table made on casters. That way it can be used as a coffee table over top the ottoman, or pushed out the way when people want to sit or rest their feet on the ottoman. It can also double as a tv tray or table for the kids.

The ottoman is via Cr Laine, the Haddonfield in a Thibaut performance fabric.






And voila this room is done :)


Furniture: CR LAINE
Wallpaper: Thibaut
Fabrics: CR LAINE & Thibaut
Ottoman Table: local, custom build JBodie
Rug: Safavieh