Tuesday, September 5, 2017

New House: We Moved In!

Geez oh pete I am the world's worst at keeping up with the blog. Ooph.

We moved into the new house last Monday! Hubs was in Canada, but my dad helped me get a lot of the furniture inside. Thank you, Dad!!! When Hubs returned, he along with our friend Kris got in the washer/dryer and our big farmhouse table. No one lost any limbs, hooray.





Obviously, the floors are done! All the furniture is in place. We still have to go furniture shopping for some pieces in the breakfast room and living room. Moving from 1800 sq feet to 2800 sq feet- you aren't going to have enough stuff. But, we haven't exactly found that money tree.. sooooo... there's that!





I want to get a couple of chairs and an ottoman for the living room. The breakfast area just needs a small round table and some chairs. Eventually I'd like to get some side tables in the living room and some new lamps.. but those things can wait.


We updated some lighting right away. Starting with the dated florescent light in the kitchen. Bye. bye. It's replaced with a track light from Overstock, but you can also find it at Lowe's. I've ordered the light for over the breakfast table, but don't want it installed yet since you'd bump your head without the table under it :)





The guys installed the foyer light over the weekend. It's made the BIGGEST change in our entrance. Amazing what a fixture will do! This one is from Millennium Lighting in antique silver finish. I ordered through Bellacor HERE






I started hanging pictures on the wall over the weekend, too! We've collected so much stuff over the years in the way of paintings and framed pictures (seeing as I had quite the gallery wall obsession at one time). I'm trying to do minimal at this house. which means a lot of stuff is on its way to Goodwill.





I started to hang some curtains---- and then realized my fear. Yep, all of our drapes are TOO short in this house. The last two houses were 8 foot ceilings and standard windows. Not so much here. Oops.

That's it for progress as of now. The girls LOVE this house. They have so much space to run around upstairs and just be kids. I love that. The blackout curtains I got for their room have been clutch. They are sleeping until almost 8 every morning lately! Which for my kids is an act of God!




I am going to get back to it..... One box at a time!