Thursday, October 6, 2016

One Room Challenge Link Up:: Week ONE

So, if you are here, you either read my blog or you are a big fan of Linda's ORC like I am! 



I'm linking up this go around. The last time I linked was 3 years ago, 30 some odd weeks pregnant with Evans. Wow, time has flown. This time around, I'm hoping to finish our outdoor space. 

We've been renovating our 1950's Isle of Hope ranch over the past year. It's been fun, but we are kind of burnt out. Hence, I need the ORC to motivate me and get this thing done! 



In full disclosure, we started this project back in May. It took over a month to get permits through from Chatham county, and it's taken even longer on the construction end of things. DIY takes a while when you have full time jobs and two kids, who knew! My hubby and dad are doing all of the work, I'm just the supervisor (order giver?), so to speak :) 

Here's where we started... a brick patio. 







During construction over the summer...







Here's where we are today. Construction is finished on the porch! Now onto painting.. and electrical.. and finishing touches. 



The other phase of this is a stamped concrete grilling patio... to be started soon! 

Some ideas I've thrown together for each space...







And the big to do list:

Finish painting interior of porch and trellis ceiling
Electrical: fan, string lights
Finish painting Hardie plank siding 
stamped concrete patio
choose dining furniture
choose grilling/bar tables
install/accessorize 



Long 6 weeks ahead! Let's hope we still have an outdoor space after Hurricane Matthew. I'm just slightly worried, guys. In all seriousness, though, pray for all of those in the storm's path. It could be a major disaster for the Southeast. 

OK, enough scary talk! 

Go check out the official ORC rooms here, and check out the other linkers here! If you love design, you will have fun reading through all of this. Inspiration to boot!