Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday 5!




ONE

Work has been busy lately, which is always a good thing. I've officially been in the design world (aside from doing it as a hobby) almost 6 months! Crazy how time flies. Especially when you love what you do! I will say there's much more to interior design than just flipping through magazines and websites and picking out pretty things. Although there's a lot of that going on, there's much more that I've learned in the field in just 6 months. Learning how to properly quote, measure for yardage, scale a space, etc are all so important. As are knowing which company makes what, who can get me what, and when can it get here- seems pretty obvious but it's also things you don't necessarily think about when you think interior design. There's also the emotional and psychological aspect of dealing with your clients. Not everyone is going to agree on plans. A husband and wife may squabble (imagine that?!) or your client may not like the vision you've prepared. I'm still learning to walk this tight rope, but there is a lot of psychology involved when it comes to something as personal and as subjective as interiors. In any event, I seriously love this field and have so much to learn yet. Thank goodness I'm working under Curry & Stephanie, who have been in the business collectively 30 plus years. They are so talented and so helpful! Do I miss practicing law? Not a chance.

TWO

A few idea boards I've put together recently that I wish could go in my own house! A men's lounge in apple and gray

A bedroom in blue and gray



A tween's bedroom with plenty of purple and metallic!


New custom fretwork pattern in the FLOY line 


And several new builds in the works ... Loving this one's exterior. Gray Charleston siding, black shutters, blue door. Yes, please. One of my favorite parts of my job is meeting with clients for new construction and helping them navigate through the design library to choose exterior and interior finishes. It's so exciting even when it's not your house! 


THREE

Finally getting around to washing all the baby clothes! About two months left. Hoping they fly- starting to get so uncomfortable and can't breathe! Seeing all of these clothes seriously takes me back!



FOUR

Speaking of baby, we really don't need much in the way of gear since this is girl #2 and I saved pretty much everything from round 1. I am, however, eyeing a few big ticket items to accommodate two kiddos. 

Chicco Cortina Together Stroller- we have the key fit 30 seat and I really want a stroller that works with that, as well as easily handles a tall 2 year old. Also, lots of storage and cup holders are a must for me. That' just how I like to stroll- I carry a ton of stuff and have to have something to drink. As much as we enjoy walking our neighborhood, we have to consider a double stroller! We love the regular Chicco Cortina that we already own. And as far as double strollers go, this is one of the lightest and easiest to operate that I've tested in stores.  Plus- huge storage basket and 4 cup holders. Hello, made for me.



Motorola double video monitor- Yea, I'm that mom. Have to check on both my babies! 

And finally- another sound machine. Evans sleeps like a champ with her Dohm, so naturally I want to get another one for the nursery. Praying this baby is a good sleeper!!!! Moms or troubled sleepers, I HIGHLY recommend this sound machine. It is seriously the perfect white noise. It actually has a fan inside, so it forces air and is not static or annoying. You can set it as fast/slow loud/soft as you want it to be. 



FIVE

The Bluff has been so beautiful lately. I can't believe this weather we are having in Savannah! I hope once the winter weather does officially set in, that it's here and gone really fast. 75 everyday has had us spoiled! Perfect weather for Isle of Hope living. 





Happy Friday!