Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eighteen Weeks

Eighteen weeks of Evans, holy moly! Just a quick update this week as not much has changed for this little boogy.


She had her 4 month check up on Monday, which included shots! Stinker was a trooper. She's still long as ever, 26", 98th percentile. She's still just over 14 lbs, so she is a long string bean at this point.


 She's still sleeping through the night, which is tremendous! I hope and pray this continues for a long, long time. She has started stretching out her feeds this week, too. She can go 4-5 hours now. This might not last, who knows. She acts disinterested and distracted now during meal time. I'm about over breastfeeding, and may start weaning her to formula soon (any recommendations on brands that are easy on the belly?). I always said my goal was to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months. I've made it 4 so far. Will I last? To be determined..... She has taken a pumped bottle the past day better than me directly feeding her. Maybe she is impatient and getting lazy in her "old" age... Who knows. 



She learned to flip from back to tummy last week, and started flipping tummy to back this week. I'm so happy for this development so I can sleep better at night and maybe worry less about her not being able to get off her stomach? *Ha, worry less, that's hilarious.



I can't begin to say how happy I am to have gotten to stay home with her this long. I was meant to return to work at 12 weeks, and decided to stay home a bit longer with my little nugget. It means I haven't bought new clothes, gone out to an expensive dinner, or dropped any "fun" money (or had any, at that) on the house at Pottery Barn in MONTHS, but it's so worth it. I love taking care of her and am so glad I haven't missed any of these moments. Wouldn't trade it for all the beautiful pillow shams in the world.


Evans > home dec. See, priorities are so in order around here. Wink. :)