Monday, March 31, 2014

Daydreaming


So... random post today. Lately I've been daydreaming about building a house one day. My dad is a contractor, and I've always thought that one day he would be building my home for my own little family. Well, then life happened. I went off to college, moved 4 hours away, got married, got a dog, had a baby, and here we are. Still 4 hours away from my daddy the builder, going on 7 years. 

SEVEN. Holy wow. When I moved to
Atlanta, I never dreamed I would be here that long. I always thought I'd go to law school, move back to SC and take the SC bar. Well, obviously that didn't happen. I got married to my hunky Hubs (he'll kill me for calling him that publicly) during my second year of law school and we lived in a one bedroom condo in the city. We were living on love in those days,   but the 960 some odd sq ft we had quickly grew too small. 

So, we moved out and up. Into an 80's fixer upper that we call home today. We have done sooooo much work on this house, and I am so proud of it. Most of it we have done ourselves with a lot of sweat, tears, laughs and maybe a little bickering here and there. But dang, I bet the previous owners would be shocked at how much has changed. 

And yet, here I am, still contemplating the next move, literally. Will we build one day? Who knows. But I cannot help
but think about it. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a grass is greener person, because I'm not. I love this home and every memory we've made here. But I also love to think ahead. Hubs says I'm always plotting and he can't quite keep up with me. ;) 

Who knows what will happen, but I've been thumbing through pictures and putting together ideas... Just in case. 

Herringbone hardwood in foyer and kitchen, clean and crisp white rooms 



Hardiplank siding in gauntlet gray, like our current house, LOVE.


Stained garage doors


Front porch with slate, wood ceiling, pendant lighting 


Front door 


Ok, back to reality for now. Happy Monday!