Friday, March 28, 2014

All Through The Night

Every night since E was born, I've said to her "sweet dreams, love you, see you in the morning", always knowing I'd really see her in a couple hours. She's never been a grand sleeper, and I never knew when she really would sleep all through the night. 

Let it be known, March 27, 2014, she did it!!!! After a week of "cry it out" she finally got the sleep she needed, and I couldn't be happier. I put her down at 7 like usual, dream feed at 11, another dream feed at 5:30 am (I am not sure she even needed that one, but I did it anyways), and she woke this morning with a big smile on her face at 8:45 am. 

Of course, I was up every few hours checking on her. Momsomnia is what I call it. She has trained me to be a light sleeper, always having one ear out for her. I don't think that will ever change to be honest. 

This is such a HUGE milestone in her life. She hasn't given me more than 3-4 hour stretches since maybe she was 8 weeks old I think, and even then it was only a handful of times. I hope and pray last night's zzzzzzs will be followed by many, many more.



It's funny. I used to cry when she would wake up at night because I was so exhausted (used to- as in a week ago). This morning I could hardly wait for her to wake up so I could squeeze and kiss her cheeks. It's amazing what good rest can do for you. 

Here's to you, Baby E! You make Mommy PROUD.