Friday, February 14, 2014

Nine Weeks

Nine weeks! Also known as OMG who is this baby? What a difference a week makes. I didn't believe people when they kept saying sometime between 8 and 12 weeks, things get better. Child, yes. I hesitate to even put it in writing, but where the heck is the fussy pants I was sent home from the hospital with? "Easier", absolutely. "Easy"? No. But hey, that's parenting, right? 

D-Ma was here for a night loving on E baby. She can't get enough of Evans. Can't say I blame her a bit. This was a sweet moment I caught between them. 


On sleeping- sound the angels, people. I hope I don't jinx it, but wow what a week of heavenly, sweet, sweet, heavenly HOURS of snoooooooozing for both of us. We have somewhat of a bedtime routine now. I give her a bath around 7. I don't know if it's more for her or for me, but I'm convinced it settles her down and clues her in on "oh, hey, it's bedtime now". Plus, it gives us something to do during her witching hour. She loooooves a bath. Around 7:30, I feed her, then it's lights out by 8. She may fuss once or twice between 8 and 8:30, and it's always because her pacie has fallen out. By 8:30, she's well into dreamland. 

Now, here's the best thing.... Evans doesn't wake up again until 3:00am. She eats, and goes back to sleep. Then she's up again around 6:30, eats, and out again until around 9. That may not seem like a big deal, but for us it is monumental. I'm so well rested now, I don't know what to do. Maybe get to that pile of laundry? 


Speaking of sleep and routines... She's got a steady routine during the day now. She pretty much sleeps an hour, eats, plays an hour, then is back to napping. Up an hour, asleep an hour, all the way to bedtime. 

Napping has gotten so much better, too. It used to be that she wanted to nap on you, or required a considerable amount of rocking and walking to get her to sleep anywhere else. Now, I simply look for her sleep cues (yawning, etc.), set her down in her pack-n-play or crib, and she gets herself to sleep. Without crying. It's insane. Seriously, who is this kid???? 



We are also working on tummy time, although she hates it. 

Daddy rescued her from tummy time on this particular occasion.....


Another first this week- testing out the Ergo carrier. We loooove it! I have my hands back, woohoo! Course, the first place I took her was HomeGoods. 


And, if you can believe it, it was in the 60's one day this week and we got out the stroller. She slept the whole time. We didn't actually make it out our driveway for about 30 minutes, though. Several neighbors came swarming in to meet the baby who was finally out and about. 


And then just two days later, this happened. Snow again in Atlanta! 


We lost power, and I was prepared. Although the outage lasted all of 30 minutes, I had my girl bundled up. It's rough in the 'burbs, y'all.


My cousin Betsy sent a months supply of diapers from The Honest Co. and I can't get over how cute they are! We have 6 different patterns. Waste management never looked so good. 



My Aunt Paula sent an adorable Valentines Day outfit that she's wearing today. 

Little does she know that she's on her way to the ped for her two month shots....


But, she was a trooper! She cried for maybe 3 minutes, and was totally over it by the time we left the office! 


Her stats- 12 lbs 7 oz, 24 inches. 24!!!! Seriously, who is this child? 

Nine weeks. Here's to things getting better! We love you, baby E.