Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Weeks

Five weeks! This whole parenting thing is every bit as hard and rewarding as people say. My days are so filled with diapers, laundry, and feeding E that before I know it, it's dinner time. 

She is starting to respond more to her surroundings now. She makes the funniest faces sometimes! It cracks me up. 

Side note- is it ok to be jealous of a newborn's tan? She is so tan it makes me look even paler. If that's possible. 


She acts like I'm the one that woke her up here... Right.... She's still waking up about every 2-3 hours to eat. The past couple nights she hasn't slept great in her bouncy seat. Now she's only satisfied with the swing, my lap, or her car seat. Will she ever go in her crib?!


Sweet baby legs (and a wet diaper, ha!). She is now 10 lbs, 2 oz, and just over 22 inches long. Her newborn clothes no longer fit. She is  mostly wearing 0-3 and 3mo now. 


Again, with the faces. Ha! 


And lastly, her newborn session cd is on its way to me! Hooray!!


As for me, I am finally starting to feel more like myself... Although a very sleep deprived version. I dont think I ever had depression, but your hormones definitely get all out of whack! Our lives are still pretty upside down and crazy, but every day it gets better. I just keep reminding myself that it won't be like this for long, and I'll probably miss her being so little. I am enjoying all the snuggles I can, because one day this girl will be a sassy teenager. 

Ok, back to my day of eat, sleep, change diaper, repeat.