Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! The Houston House did. No baby yet, but lots of food devoured! My first plate... I'm allowed seconds since I'm huge and miserable already. Self imposed rule. 


Pioneer Woman mac-n-cheese recipe 


Hubs' Cajun turkey, which lasted only through lunch the next day, ha 


Carving his bird 


Carb goodness... Holidays are the best. Sweet potato casserole, mmmmm.


My parents 


Soon to be parents 


And we finished it off with Garden & Gun's bourbon pecan pie recipe. Not for the faint of heart. 


It was a great relaxing weekend- for me anyways. For Hubs and my dad it was another story. They worked their butts off in the basement laying flooring. I'm excited to say that the new flooring is down, the old bathroom vanity is ripped out, trim is painted, and furniture is all in place!!! More on that tomorrow. 

My mom was a big help, too. She organized my linen closet and my Tupperware drawer. If you have a scary Tupperware situation in your house, you know how magical it is to have it under control. Everything is stacked and organized by size and I'm in love. Thanks mom! 

Saturday was filled with football, Go Gamecocks, and Sunday was more eating. My in-laws even stopped in for a quick visit Sunday night. Blakely loved all the company (she looooves my mother-in-law, aka attacks her with kisses and tries to become her permanent lap fixture). I was hoping little miss Evans would arrive at some point while everyone was here, but she's got other plans obviously. We are all anxiously awaiting her birth, especially me!

Lots to be thankful for. I hope everyone feels the same.