Friday, December 6, 2013

Basement Accents

I've been doing some browsing lately, mostly on O.co, for basement accents. I found baskets at World Market on Cyber Monday and took advantage of the 20% off plus free shipping. These oversized tubs will hopefully work great on either side the console table under the gallery wall. Can't wait for them to arrive! 


I'm also in the market for 2-3 more toss pillows for the large sectional. Did you know O.co carries pillows, and cheap! Includes cover AND insert. Hot dog! 

We also need an accent table next to the sectional. I want something round since everything right now is rectangular (console, media stand, coffee table and sectional all rectangles). Something round will help break up the jigsaw puzzle a bit. I like both of these tables since they are interesting but not too girly, and are around the same price point (under $90!). 


I also want a floor lamp. Lighting can make or break a room. Currently, the overhead lighting consists of a ceiling fan with light kit and two large, gulp, fluorescent lights. Yuck! I don't have time to express my hatred of fluorescents, nor do I have the $$ to replace them right now. So, the plan is to bring in accent lighting. Hubs picked out lamps for the gallery wall all on his own (I'm so proud). 


I like this floor lamp for the couch area.  Modern but not space age looking. And affordable. My favorite adjective of all! 


Hope to share some pictures and updates soon of the room. We are still working away on the bathroom down there. To be continued....