Thursday, October 3, 2013

One Room Challenge Link Party

I'm so excited that Linda decided to do a link party this time around for the ORC- you know where bloggers make over a room in 6 weeks all the while trying not to jump from a building. I love following this series, there is mad creativity in blog world and it's always so inspiring. 

I've been so busy trying to get our little girl's nursery ready that the rest of the house has pretty much fallen on the back burner. That's how it's supposed to be when expecting a new baby, right?? I thought I'd jump on board and link up so I could get my guest bedroom done... since we are likely to have tons of guests when little girl does arrive. 


The current state of the guest bedroom is this...


It's not that I dislike this room, I'm just so ready for a change. Call me crazy. I've been called worse things :)


I plan to keep all of this stuff in my stash for another time, but I want a cozier, more fall and wintery sort of guest room. 


We'll call this the summer look... I'm ready for something a bit more rustic. 


Inspiration via Pinterest:


Decor Pad

House Beautiful

Pottery Barn

Decorista

I pulled some pillows from my stash that I think will work together. To be honest I've been contemplating this look for a while now, but haven't gotten my butt in gear to get it all together. Hopefully the ORC can help me do just that! 



See you next week!





10 comments :

Julia | Pawleys Island Posh said...

You have an amazing starting point going on here! It's going to look awesome! Hopefully ready for the grandparents to all come stay and take turns with night-duty!

pam {simple details} said...

Glad to have found your blog! You have great pieces to work with, love your mix of pattern, too! Have fun!

Renee Stephens said...

Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

Kelly said...

Love your blog! Are you going ot be selling the current pillows/lamps in your guest bedroom?

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

OK, I'll be the first to say it...you may be a little crazy because this guest room is already beautiful. But, I do understand how change feels good..so not really crazy, just nesting. I love your new color plan. Thanks for joining in and good luck.

Kate Decorates said...

Ohh I can't wait to see the finished product! I love where the room currently is but it's nice to change it up!!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

While I really like how your room looks already, but when I saw your inspirational photos, I was OOOO!! I've joined the linky party as well, and it will be fun to follow you along the way.

Vel Criste said...

that room is gorgeous already!!!! But I know what you mean about getting 'tired' of one look, anyway, good luck with the baby and this room re-do!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the way the room looks now, but certainly understand wanting a new look. I am the queen of change. Read your other post and what a great group you work with!

Jessie said...

Your guest bedroom is already very pretty but I absolutely understand the need for a change to keep things fresh and exciting again. Love the fabrics you picked especially the blue geometric fabric!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's chat.