Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Room Challenge Link Party: Week 2

Week 2 of this link up party! If you missed it, here's week one. I'm redoing one of our guest bedrooms, and hopefully can finish it within 6 weeks. 



I think it's good to start with a plan before you do anything in life. Especially decorating, duh. I like to put together images/fabrics etc. that I like and see what works together. I also usually sketch my ideas. This is good for those with hubbies that "can't picture it". That's what mine is always telling me anyways- "ehh... I can't picture that..." Ha. That's when you have to be courageous, press on, and do it anyways, ladies. Trust me. 

Usually my doodling takes place on NFL Sunday, because Hubs loves it and I just can't get into it. I'm a college football girl through and through. By NFL game 2 or so, I'm zoned out and wanting to escape in a major way. Anyways...where was I? Oh yes, guest room.




And for me, I'm really big on making lists. It helps keep me organized, and for some reason writing something down makes it more permanent. 

Guest Room To Do:

make curtains, choose fabric
shop my house for furniture, etc.
patch holes
lamp makeover
shop my favorite go-to spots for accessories
choose artwork

Speaking of artwork, my dad gave me a box of different prints that used to hang in my parents' house at some point during the last 30 plus years. There are some pretty great prints in here. I've chosen a few to frame for this makeover and will share that with you soon. 






Thanks again, Linda, for hosting. See you next week!


12 comments :

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I love your sketching! Artwork does wonders in any room.Look forward to seeing more. New follower.

Kim said...

I'm a sketcher and magazine reader on Sunday afternoons as well ... the football noise is comforting and allows me to focus!! Looking forward to seeing how you pull it all together! xo

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Your drawings are great, i cant wait to see everything come to life! Esp those striped baskets ;)

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Sketches are such an invaluable tool in visualizing a space. Can't wait to see the real deal.

StagerLinda said...

I love a girl who preplans! Sketches and lists must be the key. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants girl and wish I had your discipline. Can't wait to see your room. Selecting art and accessories is my fav. Have fun!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You draw really well. I hate all sports, but I am a reality tv junkie. Those prints are beautiful. I love how your dad gave them to you. Great progress with the list....I always forget, but think I won't.

Jessica said...

Your sketches are great. That's what I'd do during football, too, lol. I love the vintage artwork, too.

Kimberly Lemmon said...

Love that you're re-using prints from your parents collection! So pretty and so meaningful too!!

Jessie said...

The prints are fabulous and it is so meaningful too. Love anything with a story behind it!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

I love your prints what a lucky girl to have a dad like that!

Miss Charming said...

Beautiful prints! I especially love the flying birds.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I usually look thru design magazines while my hubs watches football. I'm with you, I don't get the NFL, at all. Love all the prints and it is so cool that they have a special meaning.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's chat.