Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nursery Updates

The nursery is seriously almost finished! I caught Hubs sitting in there this morning on the bean bag just taking it all in. Of course, he sort of jumped up when I caught him. He can only be sweet for so long, you know. Can't blow his macho cover. 


I finished out the gallery wall frames so that none are hanging empty anymore. I also switched out the previous lamp with this green one I scored at HomeGoods on clearance. I wasn't really planning on getting a different lamp, but I loved the color, shape and size of this one. 


The table is Hubs' grandmother's (who is baby Evans's namesake) mother's. So Hubs' great grand's table. Initially I thought I'd paint it white, but now I don't know if I'll paint it or leave it. It actually brings out the dark green in the curtains and toss pillow, so we'll see if I get around to changing it or not. 
Ready to read to and rock this little girl! 


Some classics I got at E's shower last weekend- Very Hungry Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, Guess How Much I Love You, and Brown Bear Brown Bear.


Dragonfly art from the Etsy shop La Paloma


Dragonfly art from the Etsy shop Gingham Owl






Hubs still wants me to include our Blakely girl somewhere, so I will probably add two more frames to the gallery. But here's all the current frames and artwork. Dragonflies, princess laundry day, and Cinderella's castle. 


I'll probably add two more frames for Blakely goose, something in this sort of configuration.


I don't think I ever posted about the custom bean bag I had made for the room. I used the same fabric as with the upholstered window bench. This is where Hubs usually hangs out when I'm in here working on projects. I think he's probably working hard and selling chicken here.... but it's possible he's playing Scrabble. 


I mentioned yesterday that Hubs' grandma Boofie made E a blanket. I hung it over the crib side along with the Pottery Barn Kids sleep sheep we got from my cousin Sonya. The sheep is so soft and sweet, and has a velcro strap that can be attached to just about anywhere (crib, car seat, pack-n-play, etc). It plays several different sounds like ocean waves, white noise, whales, rain, and birds.


The changing table got a new basket for diapers, wipes, etc. Bonnie gave us this basket at the shower and filled it mile high with Ralph Lauren clothes for baby Evans. She is definitely going to be better dressed than her mom, that's for sure!


Hubs also patched up those pesky screw holes in the wall (the previous home owners had a wall of shelves, and left us the damage!). He did this last night while I was asleep and surprised me this morning with the new clean wall. One more thing off the to-do list! This room is closer to finished, and we are more excited and ready every single day. 

Still to do:

Blakely pictures
organize
finish baking the baby... 10 more weeks!