Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday Eve!

Today really feels like a Friday because my Gamecocks are playing tonight; college football is finally back! This is my most favorite time of year. I love having my weekends planned for me. Now, beat those Heels!

My parents are coming in town tomorrow! I cannot freaking wait! They are also bringing home the Blakely goose. As you can see below, she's been having a pretty good time at Camp Granddaddy over the past month. She gets to swim in Lake Murray and enjoy my parents' land and big yard. Poor girl doesn't realize she's about to be a city dog again. 


This happened. Apparently "nesting" for me means getting to every home project before the baby comes. I've wanted white dining chairs for about a year now, but didn't want to buy new ones since we have 4 perfectly good wooden ones... so I had my first encounter with Annie Sloan chalk paint. So far, so good.


I'm trying to channel this look.... source?? Found on Pinterest. We have a large black china cabinet, a big distressed farmhouse table, and linen slipcovered end chairs. I need some contrast going on.


And I'm 26 weeks pregnant today... almost to the third trimester. 98 days til the "due" date (although I read only like 4% of people actually deliver on their due date). This is my view these days. Although I'm experiencing some maaaaaaayja maaaaaaayja back pains, I wouldn't trade it for the world. 


Oh, and our house siding is FINALLY getting painted today (or at least it had better be or else they will be getting a call from yours truly! ha) I'm ready to get home and see the progress. 

Thank God it's gameday! GO GAMECOCKS!