Friday, July 26, 2013

Nursery Details

Everything is coming together in little girl's room, and I am excited! I don't know why all of a sudden I feel this mad rush to get things done. I guess I have this fear that come third trimester I won't be able to move, and I'll be missing a belly button. I was talking to my mother-in-law yesterday about shopping, and I told her she could out-shop me right now. She offered to push me around in a cart... and it's funny because that is so what I imagine third trimester being like!

Baby girl is getting a pretty dresser with some hardware bling. I found the hardware on Amazon, of course... seeing a trend here? They are seaglass and antique brass knobs. I'm planning on using sconces I already have from Pottery Barn. They are the Chelsea Swing Arm Sconces that used to be in master bedroom. I found a little pedastol table at HomeGoods that I wish I had scooped up. Hopefully they'll have more soon. I also want to find some sort of mirror. I love the Ballard Bone Mirror, and they have several at the outlet near me. But, I'm thinking I need something rectangular for the space it's going... so the hunt continues.



I'm planning on having a small bench under the window to house toys and books. I bought three of the Savannah Utility Baskets from Pottery Barn a few weeks ago that are nice and sturdy. I plan on using my Waverly Pebble in Caribe to make an upholstered cushion on top of the bench. I also had a bean bag made in the same fabric, which should arrive sometime next week!

I'm also thinking I need to paint her a little something..... we'll see if I have time. I best get a move on. December will be here before we know it, and more importantly, the third trimester is about 6 weeks away. Holy boogers.