Monday, July 29, 2013

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Over the weekend, when I wasn't putting together the bench I posted about yesterday, I did one of my favorite things. That is, browsed my favorite discount home stores. I was in search of a small side table and a mirror for the nursery. To HomeGoods, Michaels, Marshalls, Steinmart, Kirklands, and Target I went. This makes for a great Saturday for me, even when I come up empty handed like I did this weekend.

When I got home, I was organizing the guest bedroom and it dawned on me. Sitting in the corner was the mirror that used to live in our foyer downstairs. Duh! The colors are perfect and the size is good, so hello, use this one. That's how my thoughts work. So, I measured out with tape on the floor where the dresser would be and the height on the wall, and then hung the mirror. Voila!



And you can see the reading bench in its reflection. Can't wait for the dresser to arrive now! It should be this week.......


Still on the to-do:

dresser/hardware assembly
small table
crib skirt
crib
hang mobile
hang sconces
hang pictures
oh.... and finish baking the baby