Thursday, July 11, 2013

19 Weeks

How far along? 19 weeks

Size of baby? a large mango, about 6 inches and 1/2 pound

How I'm changing? Aside from the weight gain and obvious changes, my hair is changing. It's gotten thicker and is getting a weird wave to it. I'm not having a Pantene moment or anything, certainly wouldn't call it glamorous beachy waves, but my hair definitely has a bend to it that wasn't present pre-preg. It's like I've gotten 5 new cowlicks at various places around my head. What's not changing- my tan (aka lack thereof). Heading to the beach soon though, yea!

Activity level? Wow stamina! I'm feeling great these days. I hate when my walks get cut short due to the massive amounts of RAIN we've had in Atlanta lately. What gives weather??! I'm also into cleaning up and organizing. I can't wait for the weekend to clean out the nursery closet and organize my own.

What I'm eating/not eating? I'm eating pretty much everything except seafood. Even broccoli and I have made up somewhat. The past week I've been on a mad taco run. I've eaten tacos 5 times in the past week, including two stops to Taco Bell. I NEVER eat there. So odd to have that craving now. Seriously, I can count the times I've been to Taco Bell in my lifetime. It's less than 5. Baby likes it!

How I'm sleeping? Good, except that I'm now waking up twice a night to relieve the pressure on my bladder from this baby. Awesome. I'm usually able to fall right back to sleep though.

Best moment of the week? Feeling definite movement from this baby girl! I've felt slight butterflies here and there in the past, but nothing significant really. This week I have definitely felt kicks. It's pretty unreal. The other day at work I suddenly had this feeling in my stomach like you get when you drop on a roller coaster. It took me by surprise and I'm pretty sure I said "Oh!" out loud at my desk. I don't feel her everyday yet, but when I do I love it! Definitely my favorite part of pregnancy so far.

Funniest moment of the week?  Freaking out my husband over my outie.




19 weeks. Note to self- this is probably the last time you should wear this dress. When you sit down, your new shapely hips pull the dress up way too far. Uncomfortable moments. Oops.