Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Orange Fabric Find

I'm not going to lie, I can't stop changing things in my house. 

CANNOT. STOP.

What's wrong with me? I don't know, how much time you got? =)

My guest room, as you can see here and here, has undergone some updates here and there, and they aren't stoppin' quite yet. Ever since I found those lovely orange lamps, I haven't been quite satisfied with the fabric color on the bedskirt. All is not lost, I can use that in another room at another time (because I love change that much). 

Recently, in one of my quests for cheap and awesome fabric, I ran across this number at fabric.com, and it's on clearance. The way to my heart is fabric, and cheap fabric at that. It's by Dena Designs and is called Sunshine in the colorway orange. I never knew I could actually like orange, considering I really dislike Clemson.. but that's for another subject another day.


I started playing around with the look in my guest room. I think it'll help tie in the orange lamps more, and would look great with the Premier Prints Chipper Eaton Blue fabric on the drapes. I like that the scale of the fabric is smaller since I have two pretty big patterns going on in my throw pillows and curtains. 


I initially thought I'd use the orange fabric for both euros and my bedskirt, but then once I got it all put together I realized I needed a solid fabric. I already have one large floral, one large geometric, and now one smaller geometric, and a stripe on the bolster pillow and in the sheets, so I really need more solids to tone down all that pattern going on.  Then it dawned on me I have nearly 8 yards of velvet I purchased years ago neatly folded in a box and never used....... until now. It's Duox Cotton Velvet in Lily, which isn't quite as green in person as it looks here. 


I think I have a winner for a bedskirt fabric, and I already own it, hooray! Less money spent = happy husband. That's always a good thing. 



I've also got plans for matching nightstands! Woo! I want to finish ikea rasts by painting them white and using gold hardware. Me likey. What do you think? 





Okay, maybe once I get all these together... THEN this room will be done and I won't need to change anything....... MAYBE..... :)  

To do list:

1) make orange euros
2) make velvet bedskirt
3) finish nightstands
4) invite over guests! 

Does anyone else have the constant need for change and dilly dally around the house? Or am I the only crazy person? (Maybe don't answer that.)