Thursday, January 17, 2013

Orange Lamps

If you had told me as a kid I would be drooling over orange lamps one day, I'd have told you to buzz off. Ha! I usually detest all things orange, but here lately I've been adoring these little pops of color.  I love the playful affect a colored lamp can give an otherwise traditional setting. It's sort of unexpected, like it's saying 'hey, I like to party'.  Here's some pictures I've been Pinterested in lately...








So, last weekend on my Steinmart outing, I passed by a set of orange lamps for under $100. Say what! I love me some Steinmart and discount shopping. Finding a deal is ah-mazin. And my wallet agrees. So, I came home with the beauties. They now live in my guest room. Just one more fun update to this evolving room of mine.....







I like the shape of these because they are big and chunky.  I love the color of this orange- in person it is more of a sherbet color than road cone/hunting/Clemson orange.  The finish on the bottom and top finial are an antique brass, and the shade is burlap.  All of that for less than $100 for the set.  Can't beat Steinmart! 

What do you think of the pop of color?  Would you buy any bright and colorful lamps for your home?