Friday, January 18, 2013

Peacock Blue

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of peacock blue in new fabrics, paint color trends, and furniture.  Something about the shade makes me want to eat it.  Absent the toxic affect drinking paint would bring about, I would pour myself a tall glass. I know the color of the year is meant to be emerald green, which I also find very alluring, albeit Wizard of Ozish... but check out these lovely peacock pics.... I'm thirsty.

smartdecoratingideas.com
myhomeideas.com
Lonny.com

houzz.com

houzz.com

worldmarket.com

ballard designs

ballard designs 

ballard designs 

ballard designs 

The new spring line and catalog from Ballard Designs features a lot of this color.  And guess what?  The photoshoot for the new spring catalog was done right here in the ATL! Ballard is headquartered here, afterall. Aren't we lucky :)  Check out Lori May Interiors' blog for a peek.. She's a local interior designer that was invited to tour the catalog house.  I'm so jealous.

So, will peacock blue make an appearance in my house?  I don't know, but I think it flows nicely with my other paint colors. What do you think?

benjamin moore coastal path, behr peacock tail, behr elephant skin