Thursday, September 20, 2012

No Sew Drapery Band

I'm so excited to share this that I haven't even been able to wait until I got both drapes done.  I stumbled across an awesome DIY blog post here, and had to try it out right away.  I do not sew, period.  Not even a little bit.  I just don't.  I consider myself pretty crafty, but that is something I've never really had patience or desire to sit down and learn.  My husband says "I must" learn that skill... why because all women need to sew their children's play clothes? Ha.  Men.

Anyways, back to the wonderful DIY project.  I always get bummed when I try out a DIY and it is either harder than it seemed, or it doesn't work as well as it should.  This is an exception!  It actually does work, and it was amazingly simple.  Check out the tutorial for yourself and give it a shot! I decided I'd jazz up some old drapes we hadn't done anything with yet.  Like I said in this post, our dining room is going through a bit of a redo.   I decided to use my leftover Robert Allen ikat fret from the chair project to use for the fabric bands.  I just wanted to add a touch of pattern to the drapes to make it match the chairs, but not be too matchy matchy and in your face.  So, I went for a band only on the leading edge of each drape.

Here's the project so far... can't wait to finish it up!