Friday, August 3, 2012

Progress (sort of )

Well... I think I've posted about fifty billion times on our master bedroom.  And my idea boards have changed maybe double that.  Oops.  It's going more this route now...

Bedside lamps from Lamps Plus online, discounted 10% (thank you retailmenot.com)


I like these because they are mercury glass, so they have gold and silver.  I love mixing the two metals, and this lamp has a burlap shade, which to me keeps it from being too dressy and allows it to feel more casual.  

Duvet cover and 3 euro shams in Pottery Barn Lewis Paisley  (that I happened to score for half on ebay!)


The Lewis Paisley is so soft and comfortable.  I love the gray and neutral tones running throughout.  It has just enough pattern for me to not get bored, but the colors keep it safe enough for hubs to approve. 

Bedside tables from Overstock   (these are $90/each, plus if you  hit them up during a 10% off sale you are golden)  

I plan to dress them up a bit with new hardware like these from Pottery Barn


Our walls I've already painted Behr's Classic Silver


I LOVE these chairs and would love a set to flank either side of our not-yet-existing double wide dresser  (hint hint hubs).  At $225/each on Joss & Main, that is a pretty unbeatable deal for linen and tufting. 


Drapes in a burlap/linen fabric with a very subtle pattern, also from Overstock .  These are called "santiago" drapes, and I landed on the "sand" color. 


Fabric for lumbar pillow and bedskirt, from Fabric.com ala Window Treatments by Melissa.  I LOVE working out trades with fellow etsy-ers!   


And I'd love to find some sort of cozy rug like this chunky wool rug from Pottery Barn


I like that it looks like jute so it would add some texture, but it is cozy comfy wool so it wouldn't hurt my feet to walk on (I mean who wears shoes in a bedroom anyways?).  

So that's where the room is headed, we'll see how much of this can pass the hubs-approves-of-it test.  TBD!