Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bring on Fall



Fall.  It's amazing how a season arguably known for its change can equally embrace tradition.  The summer heat slumbers, the cool air dances its way in, and the lush green we once knew retires to autumn's recognizable amber, gold, and maroon.  For many of us, it's a time of year that's nostalgic.  It's a time of year that brings to mind football games and homecoming.  It brings to mind the start of so many nervous first days of school.  It brings to mind family gatherings and all things pumpkin spice.  It brings to mind the excitement of holidays past, and the ones yet to come.  I'm not sure if it's the change of colors, the change of temperature, or the change of time, but fall invites you to not only reflect, but also to appreciate what's in store.  

My first football game.  Mom 8 months-ish pregnant with me at Williams Brice Stadium, 1983. 



1985


Carolina/Clemson 2007


Save the Date cards, 2008


Carolina v. Auburn, 2010


Thanksgiving, 1993


First Thanksgiving at our house, 2011


My birthday after passing the bar exam, 2010


More birthdays, Grayson (2011), Lily (2012)



First fall in our home, maple tree changing colors, 2011


A getaway to Grove Park Inn, 2010


Gray's first Halloween, our house, 2011



Snow at my parents house, and my precious little Belle 2010


I am so ready for fall!