Tuesday, July 3, 2012

She's Here, Baby Pool, and Charleston

Time to play catch up! Wow, cannot believe I haven't sat at a computer to do this in almost a month! Such a bad little blogger, oh well.  Here's what's been going on and a photo dump for me to look back on....

She's HERE!!! My niece Lily Victoria arrived on June 16, 2012 and is oh-so-cute and sweet.  She looks a lot like Grayson, but shockingly has a head FULL of BLONDE hair! Say what?? Yes, she is my only little blondie niece.  I love that!   My bro and sis-in-law are doing great and somehow doing-it-all career wise, settling into a new house, and raising two little girls that are roughly 17 months apart in age.  Go team Bodie go :)

 Lily Victoria



This was Grayson as a newborn, think they look just a little alike? ha. 


 Big Sister Grayson


 Grayson and Lily


 The Bodies meet Lily 


 Uncle Mark and Aunt Ash (and Mark TOTALLY filled out his visitor's pass as "Uncle Mark"). 


 And the big sis again showing me how to golf :)


And speaking of babies, we got our own little baby a baby pool.  Blakely that is.  She is a water dog afterall and looooves to swim and also loves to attack sprinklers and puddles.  This was a no brainer really.  It is great entertainment for her outside too when we aren't able to spend time with her!

This was her first time in; I think she had fun.



And since I blogged last, we took a trip to Charleston for a week.  It was great to leave Blakely at my parents and head to our favorite place just to relax and get away from the city.  We went to the beach, the Citadel, boated around the harbor, and ate WAY too much food.  









We ate at a place downtown I'd never been to before.  We were a little bit seafooded out if that's possible, and were craving burgers.  We found Big Gun Burger Shop and were NOT disappointed.  I cannot believe I haven't been there before, and you definitely should try it if you love burgers.  Mark got the special which had slow roasted pulled chicken on top of a burger.   It was amazing.  I got the blue cheese burger with caramelized onions.  Ridiculous.  Best burger experience I think I've EVER had, seriously! Even better than the Vortex here in ATL. 


Another place we went to was on Mount Pleasant and it is called Page's Okra Grill.  It's been on Coleman Blvd. about a year now and WOAH talk about some good eatin'.  Here is Mark's fried green tomato/bacon/pimento cheese sandwich with a side of fried okra.  YUM.


And then here we are on our last night, being tourists in a city we've been to about a trillion zillion times.  


It's been an awesome summer so far!