Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Foyer Lighting

I've been wanting to replace the "boob" light in our foyer since the day we moved in.  Not that I think these lights are ugly or outdated, but I just want something fun to look at the minute you walk in our house.  Something that shouts at me "Hey, welcome home, look at me! I'm awesome!" other than my husband.  :)

Behold, The Boob Light:
I want something with a little bit of bling, a little bit of country, and a whole lot of funky.  Something different with a little bit of drop to it to shine in that pretty mirror we hung over the weekend.  Something out of the ordinary.  Something spectacular.  Should be easy to find, since I'm not too picky?? Ha.  There are a LOT of cool lights out there, and you can find some pretty good deals if you are willing to put in the effort to browse. and browse. and browse.  My favorite sites for lighting are Lampsplus.com and O.co. 

Some cool stuff from those websites:





Varaluz Pinwheel Foyer Pendant Lamp
Indoor 3-light Copper/ Crystal Pendant Chandelier
Antique Bronze 4-light Round Crystal Chandelier

And some Pinterest lovelies:




And the one I have my heart set on:

It has some shine for me, some rustic for the hubs, it is small enough for the space, and it is less than $100.  I'm sold.  It'll look so pretty next to our new mirror and lamp. 
Now to sell the husband.......... this may take some time.  Hey, isn't Valentine's day around the corner?  Maybe I should show him what he got me!