Monday, September 9, 2019

Living Room Change Up

Is anyone else wishing fall to get here already?! It's my favorite time of year. Yes I love the lake, and the beach, the boat, swimming, all the things that come with summer. But FALL is by far my favorite. Comfortable clothes, the weather rocks, the things to do, the COZINESS! All of it! Anyway, I haven't full on decorated for fall because, hello, it's still 100 degrees here! Arg. I'm over summer, can you tell?

We recently changed up a few things in the living room and kitchen, because that's what I do! Aint nothing safe around here. :) I've taken it back to warmer tones.




One thing that helped warm it up was by adding brick to the fireplace. Before it was a dark black hole. I love this brick from Home Depot! We added a wall of brick to the kitchen as well. 



I can't wait for pumpkins. 


Here's the brick in our kitchen. I absolutely love the new view looking into our dining room! 


My dad helped me on this project. By helped I meant did 99 percent of it. I glued pieces down, but he was the real know-how expert. I did arrange the color patterns. And cleaned the grout. Does that count? 


And I love this new view from our front door. So welcoming to see that brick looking through! 


Back to the living room. I rearranged the furniture a little. By pulling out the couch from the wall and turning the gray chairs at an angle, I think the room just feels a bit more open and adds for a better "conversation" area. If that makes sense. Before it felt very office waiting room-like. 


I swapped out the wool patterned tribal rug for a simple natural rug in a larger size. Previously we had a 9x12, and it just didn't house the furniture the way I wanted it to. This one is a 10x14. I like for at least the front legs of furniture to be touching the area rug if at all possible. 


I swapped out the navy baskets for natural ones, continuing that texture and color scheme. This is where my kids keep their toys that are downstairs. 


And I hope you weren't attached to the spots, because they gone :) HA! It's only paint. Live a little. 

I am not sure what this color is. I mixed together two paint samples I had (SW Silvermist and SW Grounded) and this is how that combo looks. 


I still need to paint the return and hem my curtains, but who has that kind of time, right? 

PSA::Did you know Sherwin Williams can make any paint color into a spray paint? My mind was recently blown at this information!!! How handy is that? 


And that's a wrap on recent changes! Next up is the powder room. To be continued...