Friday, July 6, 2018

Girls' Room

It's almost that time- goodbye to the crib foreverrrrrrrrrr. (My mom is somewhere reading this and crying). I am taking my time moving Mae Caroline over to a bed. I'm just not QUITE ready. Although I'm SO ready to be done with diapers. Oooh. There are some baby things I just don't want to hang onto.

We switched Evans over at 20 months with no problems or drama. She loved her twin bed from day one. I just have a feeling that MC will be different, because she's been different about everything it seems :) I can see her getting up a thousand times, trying to get into bed with Evans, getting up to play with her toys, etc. etc. etc. But, I know if I want to potty train her, that is going to come with her being able to get out of bed on her own when she's gotta go.

All of that, and she's almost 2.5. I mean. It's time, right? Although I know lots of people who kept cribs to 4 and 5 years old. My kids are tall though, so that can't happen here. Plus, I get too excited and ready for these big milestones to occur.

So.

Maybe in the next 6 months I'll pull it together? HA!

In any event, I can't wait to do double twins in the room! I've always wanted to do this. The girls have shared a room since we lived in Savannah. They started sharing last April I think, I'd have to go back and look. But they LOVE it so much. One cannot sleep without the other. It's adorable really.

I already have all the bedding (thanks to a Ballard sale at the Roswell outlet last year, I racked up two sets of twin quilts, euros and sheets).  And of course Evans has her bed. All we'll need to get is another PB Kids Belden bed and maybe a nightstand to go in between the beds.

I'd also love to put something like this wallpaper by Modified Tot in the dormer window areas of their room (which is where the princess dress up area and their play kitchen area are set up)... but I'll never be able to convince the hubs. Unless of course I hung it myself....


Their room is so large and gets a ton of light, so it can take all the color and pattern.



I still want to trim out the curtains (so that they actually hit the floor, ha! do as I say, not as I do clients... :) ) in a pretty coral velvet, but haven't taken time to do it yet.




I ordered this rug from RUGS USA (55% off sale going on right now!). Their room is carpeted, but the carpet is boring to me. I need some color.




I'd also like to make a couple of awning/cornice/valance thingies for above their beds... later. When Mae Mae isn't going to pull them down or try to swing from one.


To be continued!