Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Our Weekend

We drove to Blakely, GA over the weekend to visit Hubs' grandparents. It's a 5 hour drive straight through no stops from Savannah. On the way, we stopped 3 times for bottles, food, potty, food, more potty, etc. It took us 8 hours to get there on Friday and we were exhausted by the time we arrived that evening! The girls did really well though. It's hard to ask kids to stay cooped up that long. We are looking to buy a bigger car soon, so we rented one that we are considering to get in a good test drive as a family. We rented a GMC Acadia and I'm sold and so is Hubs. Now where's that money tree? Seriously though, lots of storage, big and roomy, quiet, comfortable, third row, what more could a mom need?





It was such a great trip with wonderful memories made. I am so glad we were finally able to take the time to get over there and visit with them. This was the first time they had met Mae Caroline! They couldn't believe what a sweet baby she is. I am not kidding when I say she is the most content child I've ever met. It's crazy. Evans is my wild child, and I wouldn't change a thing about that! :)




Evans is named after Hubs' grandmother. Evans has of course met her before, but she really took to her this trip. It was soooooo sweet and my heart explodes thinking about it.


We ate a lot of food (which is the norm in Blakely, good food can't go uneaten!) and just enjoyed the slow pace of a small town and good company. The trip back home was MUCH faster. We made it all the way to Waycross before stopping for food and potty breaks. The kids did AWESOME and even napped some.

I'm still unpacking and trying to sort through the laundry. All worth it in the end. Such a great weekend!