Tuesday, January 3, 2017

10 Months

Mae Caroline turned ten months old on Dec. 27th! This year has flown. I say that every month. FLOWN. Gosh, I feel like I was just pregnant?! 

Month TEN has brought lots of standing up and "surfing" furniture. She's also stood on her own and can do so for maybe 15 seconds before she sits down. No steps on her own yet, I'm not sure I'm ready! 



She is about 30" long and 20 pounds. Wearing size 4 diapers, size 12-18 and 18 month clothing. 


She loves to shop :)



She's pretty much outgrown the exercauser and the jumper. I set up the pack-n-play so I could have SOME place to set her down when I need to you know, leave the room for two seconds. Ha. She'll sit and play for a little while before she starts whining to get on the loose. I forgot how busy this stage is! Yikes!



Her schedule has changed a little bit. She's sometimes only taking one long nap right after lunch, but typically she still needs 2 naps a day about 1-1.5 hours each nap. It's nice when she does do just one nap around the same time Evans naps so I have a big window I can get stuff done!

She's starting sleeping in (well, sleeping in for her)!!! For the past couple weeks she's been waking up around 7:30-8:00. Woo!

7:30 up, 8 oz bottle
8:30 breakfast
10:00 first nap
11:30 8 oz bottle
12:30 lunch
1:30 or 2:00 nap 2
3:30 8 oz bottle
5:30 dinner
6:30 bath
7:00 8 oz bottle and bed




Evans has taken an interest in all of the baby toys that were hers. Of course. Shiny and "new" to Evans again.


Big girl :)



She usually falls asleep on the last bottle of the day. So sweet. 


She's doing much better with solids. I started giving her puffs and yogurt melts to get her used to different textures. She has a really sensitive gag reflex so it's taken a while to get her to pick up food and eat it. Now she can do bananas and sweet potato pieces! Coming along. Still working on the sippy cup, she doesn't quite have the hang of it. 





We moved her into a convertible carseat. I bought Evans a new one with a cup holder (her request, ha), and Mae Caroline got the Britax Marathon Evans was in. This is one of the last pictures I took of her in the keyfit 30. Tear!!!!!!! Why do they get big so fast?!


She has SIX TEETH. The bottom middle 2, and top middle 4 (still coming in). It looks like she's working on another bottom one as well. Goodness. She isn't complaining though! 


Standing up in the crib. It's lowered to the lowest level possible now. Won't be long before I'm putting her in a real bed. Gosh. 


Trouble.


These girls :)




I divided the girls' toys into two separate baskets so that Evans knows which toys baby sister can have and which ones she can't have. It's going well so far. There are certain toys I don't allow out while Mae Caroline is awake, and Evans is pretty good about this (small puzzles, beauty shop, toys with small pieces, etc.) 


I have to watch Mae Caroline like a hawk though... she's busy....

Typical...


Sweet potatoes.....


She had her first real illness this month, too. Double ear infection AND strep throat (yes, at the same time!!!!). I decided to take both girls to the doctor just before Christmas for congestion. And they both had strep! Good thing I took them in. Amoxicillin to the rescue! 

Happy 10 months, MC! You are the best little baby. Thanks for being so very sweet. 
XOXOXOXO