Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Sofa Two Ways

I was recently inspired by Arhaus to share a couple tips on bringing in fall to your home. What says fall better than cuddling up on a beautiful sectional sofa?

Fall is all about pumpkins, the leaves changing, cozy settings, and warm fires am I right? You can translate these very literally into your decor, or you can opt to bring in subtle touches. Here's a couple of ways to do this. 


First, COLOR and pattern! Obviously, I'm not afraid of color in my own home. Fall is the perfect season to bring in those pops of rust, orange, purple, and crimson. Don't be afraid! The more color and pattern you layer, the cozier your space will become.  Think buffalo check, stripes, vintage quilts. 



Another way, if you aren't all gung-ho autumn and pumpkin spice- bring in texture. Tons and tons of texture. Faux furs, velvets, leather, and wool all scream fall decor, and will easily transition over to winter. If you are more of a neutral lover, texture is your best friend.


I've also rounded up a few of my favorite items currently at Arhaus for a fall look. They have some amazing throws and pillows right now, and you can't go wrong with the classic lines of their sectional sofas. 






Happy first day of FALL!





*all opinions are my own.