Friday, July 15, 2016

Screened Porch: Metal Is Here! And Other Plans

Hubs and I just got back from a fun getaway in Hilton Head. My parents came down to keep the girls, and we were off! It was a nice "break" from being Mommy, but dang I missed my kiddos! 




Ok, onto fun stuff. Our metal arrived yesterday! This is for the roof obviously. For locals, we ordered it from Rowe Supply and it's just as it was pictured. A perfect shade of gray from Millennium Metals in the 5V style. This goes up tomorrow! 


Once the roof is finished, Hardie Plank siding will go up, and then paintable Azek beadboard on the inside walls and ceiling. Plans for painting include a mix of paint and stain colors. I originally thought all white, but now I'm thinking I want it a little more interesting. 

The new plan:

Stain the columns and knee braces/supports and screen surrounds something like Behr's exterior stain in cape cod gray. 
Paint the Hardie Plank on lower wall and gable same as the house- SW Alabaster. 
Paint the ceiling same as house shutters- Behr Elephant Skin. 



Behr Exterior Stain Cape Cod Gray

Some inspiration pictures...








Hopefully I'll have more progress pictures after this weekend! :) Can't wait.