Sunday, April 10, 2016

Six Weeks

Six weeks old, Mae Caroline! This week, Daddy was gone for 7 whole days, taking boot camp at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) for work. 


It was a long week, but thankfully D-ma was here to help us! And sadly, after a month of D-ma visiting, she had to go home. Major tears! Thanks, Mom, for being such a big help. I couldn't have done it without you!!! 

The week was filled with beautiful weather. A little bit cooler than usual, but still nice. Mae Caroline loves to be outdoors. Who can blame her?


She is a very laid back, low maintenance baby so far. Just as sweet as can be. She's definitely made the transition to two kids easy on me. Not saying it's "easy" by any means, but it's not been all that bad. I think transitioning from 0 to 1 was much harder than 1 to 2. 


Evans loves to baby her own baby dolls while I do things for Mae Caroline. Diaper changes, feeding, back rubs, etc... Evans is a great Mommy to her babies. 


On schedules- a schedule seems to definitely be taking shape around here. She's not sleeping through the night yet, but I have a feeling it's coming soon. Fingers crossed! 

She's awake around 7:30am and eats, and goes right back down for a nap. 
9:00 eats
10:00 nap
12:00 eats
1:00 nap
2:30-3:00 eats
4:00 nap
5:30 eats
6:00 catnap if I can get her to, usually she's starting to get a bit fussy
If she's fussy, she likes to be walked around the house or spend time on her play mat. Tummy time also seems to help. 
7:45 bath routine
8:15-8:30 eats, then down for bed
between 4:00-5:00 am eats

She's been consistently giving me one long awesome stretch from about 8:30 to 4 or 5 AM. This is totally doable, and would be even better if I would go to bed when she does! But it takes me a bit to wind down, and I need a little bit of grown up time without someone needing me! :) 


She really loves bath time. It's not that she necessarily needs a bath every day, I mean how dirty can a baby be? But, it's all part of the routine. I am a firm believer in the same exact boring bedtime routine every day. It worked for Evans and it's working for MC to calm down and get ready for shut eye. 




A typical day around here with these two. 





Evans is a maniac most of the time. Personality plus, that one. I often have to remind her to try to keep it down when MC is napping. She'll use her "inside voice" for about 5 seconds before she's full on toddler again.  MC doesn't seem too disturbed by all the racket. 


Speaking of sleep, last night she had her first night in the crib! She's been napping in her crib, so I finally got up the courage to move her out of my bedroom and into her own. She transitioned just fine! I can't believe it. I put her down at 8:30 PM, and she woke up to eat around 4:45 AM. She went down, dare I say, easier for both bedtime and her middle of the night waking. The crib must be a little more comfortable for her now than the rock and play. She's a pretty long baby, so maybe it's easier for her to stretch out good. Who knows. 

Crib training (and sleep training in general) was hard with Evans! I had to result in crying it out with her. Mae Caroline seems to be taking to it no problem. Goes to show babies are all different! 

And, yes, I sleep stalk my children.


Initially I thought Mae Caroline was Evans' clone, but she's getting her own look now. Still resembles  big sis of course, but not identical. 


Evans is looking more like her daddy every day. And acting like him, too :)  I love my girls. 


Happy six weeks, Mae Caroline! We love you!