Friday, April 22, 2016

Eight Weeks

Eight weeks (tomorrow)! This is a bit of a photo-dump post, but it was a great week! 

Saturday night, I got to attend a GROWN UP function! Woo. Since Hubby was leaving early Sunday, he decided to stay home with the girls, and I went to my cousin Ali's couples shower out on Burnside Island. GORGEOUS views at the Rock's house. Next home we buy? One day? HA. 


Cousin love... and somehow I didn't get a picture with the bride-to-be. 



Of course, Evans ended up waking up freaking out that Mommy wasn't home, but Daddy got her back in bed and asleep after a minor meltdown (for both of them??!). Little one took her bottle just fine, but then ended up spitting it all over herself. Which meant that Daddy had to change her clothes... and her swaddle... and he isn't a swaddler, y'all. So, needless to say, when I got home at 9:30 MC was still awake. :) 

No worries, I fed her again and off to dreamland she went. 
What can I say, they are a couple of Mama's girls right now! 


Papa came in town this week to help me get a few things done around the house. The girls didn't mind a bit! 


Evans came down with an ear infection, but after a few rounds of amoxicillin she's feeling herself again. She even "helped" with some yard work this week. 



While little Mae-Baby hung out in the shade.... She loves the outdoors. I love this time of year, and really can't wait to have our screen porch finished! 


Big Sister is MISS PRISS these days... oh, and covered in dirt. 



Onto schedule- I think this girl is finally on a consistent night time routine! Woot!

Bath time starts around 7:00 and bedtime is about 7:30. 


And I'm excited to say she's been sleeping through the night for a week now! AMEN SISTA! She usually sleeps from 7:30 or 8:00 pm to around 7:00 or 7:30 am. JOY TO THE WORLD. 


It's amazing how different babies, even sisters, can be. Evans didn't sleep through the night until 16 weeks, and even then it wasn't in her crib. Their personalities may be different, but they sure look a like :)


"Sisters.... sisters.... there were never such devoted sisters..."


I can tell MC is gaining weight and getting long. She is now wearing SIX MONTHS CLOTHES! How is this possible? Evans was such a squirt (she was long and lean until about a year old). Mae-Baby is getting chunky. And she might be even longer than her big sis was. 


I'm sure glad we don't have to carry them inside of us once they are this big :)


This week the girls got a couple of goodies in the mail. Evans got new big girl bed sheets... "Look Mommy, dat bird wearin' a hat! Gotta hat on it!"


And MC got new luggage. I'm obsessed with this mermaid print from PB KIDS! Adorable. 


Mae-Baby has given us tons of smiles this week and lots of coos. Be still my heart! 



I also made some time to take a few pictures of her with my good camera. 







I'm hoping to get some good pictures of the girls together this weekend. We'll see- a photographer I am NOT. But, when the subject is cute, how can you really fail? 

Happy 8 weeks little one! We sure love you!