Monday, March 14, 2016

Two Weeks

Mae Caroline is two weeks old! She had her two week check-up on Friday. She is doing great! Her first checkup during the first week she was down from her birth weight (8 lbs 4 oz) to 7 lbs 13 oz. Friday, she weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz! She is eating and sleeping really well and putting on the rolls. Hooray for a healthy check up. 


She continues to be laid back and low maintenance (I mean for a newborn anyways). Waking up one or two times a night. Most nights I fed her around 9:00, put her to bed, and she'll sleep until 3:30, eat, back to sleep, up again at 7:00, eat, back to sleep until 9:30. Last night we got a late start so bedtime didn't happen until 11:30, but she slept until 6am this morning! Dream baby so far!! Even if that changes, I'm thankful for the sleep I am getting now. I've been much better about being able to get back to sleep after waking up for night feedings than I was with Evans. I guess being a mom kind of gets you used to interrupted sleep. Something I was pretty foreign to my first go round with E. 


Evans is still Evans. Cute as can be and a wonderful big sister! The other morning, Mae Caroline was still sleeping in our bedroom, and Evans came to the living room looking around for her. She said "oh no, baby sister all gone? She went home?" Ha. I explained to her she lived with us and was just sleeping. Evans said "ohhhhh, be quiet, she sleepin' ". :) 



We've had more visitors and more food. Ash brought over two casseroles and gifts for the girls (and ChickfilA!), we've had several Girl plates (my Aunt Paula), and my bosses brought over the most delicious Mexican food. We also have some frozen casseroles from Gigi in the freezer. It really does take a village, and I'm so thankful for mine!! 




As for me, I'm still recovering, but doing better. Still sore and a bit tired. Still have some back pain, but it's getting better each day. Can't wait to be fully healed and start walking and exercising again! It's been so long since I was able to get in a good workout. I had gotten into a good running/walking routine before getting pregnant and can't wait to gear that back up. 

But, for now, I'm enjoying this little sweet thing. 





Babies just don't keep.