Monday, February 8, 2016

Our Weekend

Another has come and gone, and magically I turned 38 weeks pregnant. Hallelujah, one day closer. My parents were here last week helping me with Evans and visiting the rest of our family. Thankfully Hubs doesn't have any more scheduled trips for about a month, and after the baby comes my mom is staying with me several weeks to help out with Evans when Hubs gets back on the road.




Friday night we had a surprise party for my Aunt Judy. She's 60 years young! I really hope I inherited my Mom's genes. She and her siblings all look so good. I didn't make it very long at the party before my back went into complete shut down mode. I was in my pajamas by 8:00 that night. Saturday was no different. We had my little cousin's first birthday to go to, but my back was killing me. I started having back contractions throughout the day. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the horrible pain I had with Evans) they were about a 6. Unfortunately they were completely irregular, and by Sunday morning had completely fizzled out. Such a tease. Hate going through false labor! Ugh. My parents, Mark, and Evans went to the birthday party while I stayed home with Tylenol and a hot bath. The baby has gotten noticeably lower since then, so maybe it wasn't all for nothing?

My best friend Ash sent me this pic of our kiddos at the party. Apparently they played together almost the whole time and held hands! Oh be still my heart.


Riley (5) and Evans (2). Arranged friendship at its finest :) 



Sunday I decided we needed to try to walk this baby out. We did 2 miles back and forth around the neighborhood, but no baby yet. 12 days until my due date..... At least the scenery around IOH is pretty. Evans is currently obsessed with "I push it", getting behind her stroller and pushing all by herself.







Sunday afternoon, Hubs grilled the most amazing wings ever. He made a huge batch and delivered them out to several neighbors. I almost didn't want to share... We watched the Super Bowl and saw Cam finally get smacked down to size. He is such a jerk in my opinion and didn't deserve a Super Bowl win. I can't stand people like that.

Today it's back to the grind. Interior design is not always shopping and fluffing pillows, it's also budgeting and invoicing. Paperwork can kill a creative, can't it?? Happy Monday, folks.