Friday, February 12, 2016

38 Plus Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks 6 days, 8 days until my due date.. Although I think she will still be a week or so late.

38 weeks with Mae Caroline...


And comparison to 38 weeks with Evans....


Size of baby? a small watermelon

How I'm changing? I'm officially the biggest I have ever been in my life! 45 pounds gained. Toledo. I'm kind of nervous about that because I have to somehow and someway fit into a bridesmaid dress come June... one I was fitted for back in those skinnier days that I'm afraid may be gone forever. Oh well. This baby is worth the extra fat pockets and chin rolls. Ha. Hopefully breastfeeding will do it's job and suck the pounds off.

Am I ready? Yes and NO. Yes, ready to get my body somewhat back to myself. NO in that I'm definitely not ready for a newborn again. I like my sleep and my schedule and my job. At the same time, I can't wait to meet little MCHouston. I can't wait to see Evans as a big sister. I can't wait to see our family grow. I think it'll be hard at first, but honestly going from 0 to 1 child was really hard for me. Some things came naturally, but some things, like giving up so much of my independence and taking on so much responsibility, didn't come as naturally as I thought it might would have with the first child. I know that is different for every mom, but for me it was hard. That's just my honest truth. At least in some form I am used to having another person depend on me for every last thing now, and I've of course grown to love that. Time will tell how we manage with 2!

Predictions? She'll arrive a week late via induction. 8 pounds, 6 ounces. 21 inches.

How's big sis? Both the light of my life and at times a holy terror. :) She is definitely sinking into her wonderful 2's. We got a note from her teacher just yesterday to inform us she has recently started pinching. Oh, joy. It's hard to discipline a toddler when you aren't there for the act. She doesn't do that at home, so who knows. Otherwise, she's great. I think she'll be a fun big sister and will probably think MC is her new doll baby. Hopefully she won't pinch the poor kid though...




Best Moment of the Week? I got the best gift from my friend Andrea! We slaved together at King & Spalding before babies were in the mix. I had the fortune of sharing office space with her, and we quickly discovered we had the same exact sense of humor (read as hilarious). Thanks girl! Yes, I do believe Mae Caro will be a roller coaster tester. And I can't wait to read to her about Rad American Women.