Tuesday, November 3, 2015

24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks (tomorrow)

Size of baby? ear of corn, 1 foot, just over a pound

Nesting? I had not bought anything up to now for the baby, until last week. I splurged and got her a sweet little blanket and going home outfit from Lolly Wolly Doodle. Gigi kicked in and got Evans a matching dress. Seeing MC's name in monogram is so exciting and a bit surreal. I think we are going to go with the double name- Mae Caroline- because every time we refer to her and say "Mae" , "Caroline" just rolls off. I love it.




Best moment of the week? Reaching VIABILITY!!!!!!!! At 24 weeks the baby is considered "viable" meaning has a chance of making it outside the womb if premature labor were to occur. That  may seem kind of morbid or crazy to be so excited about something that could potentially be so scary. I realize that. But after having a pregnancy with a subchorionic hemorrhage, 24 weeks is a welcome sight. To go from bleeding so much and being told you have a 50/50 chance, to now being big and pregnant with an "inactive" hemorrhage (that dang thing is still lingering in there)... it's a miracle. I'm so freaking thankful and pray that the rest of the pregnancy continues to go smoothly. I may be fat and uncomfortable (already) but feeling little MC kick me everyday is the most amazing feeling. I cannot put into words how much relief I feel reaching this milestone week. Hooray!