Friday, November 14, 2014

One Kings Lane: Accent Chairs

Recently, One Kings Lane asked me to talk about my personal favorites as far as accent chairs go. I have to admit I was slightly stumped. I'm always pretty stumped when asked to name a favorite anything. Favorite song, favorite movie, favorite food... I feel like the answer is always changing depending on the day. However, when I really thought about what I want in a chair three things came to mind. Comfort, conversation, and of course PRETTY. Furniture can't just be functional, it's gotta be pretty, too.

I browsed through One Kings Lane's extensive collection of accent chairs (updated DAILY, oh the possibilities!) and landed on this beauty. It's the Dover Linen Chair in charcoal. Be still my little heart. While this chair seems completely versatile to me, I imagine it in a master bedroom suite. Maybe when we build our dream home down here in Savannah, I will get to welcome a similar lovebug to our master bedroom. One day!

Here's a mood board drawn from the chair and some other OKL gems I'm loving right now.



I think accent chairs should be comfortable to sit in so you can enjoy your coffee, read a book, or have a good conversation with equally good company. Whether it be a chair pulled up by a fireplace, cozied in the corner of a library, or gracing your bedroom, accent chairs are an important piece to almost every room.

Do you have a favorite?