Thursday, May 29, 2014

5 1/2 Months!

Evans is now 5.5 months old and growing so fast. She now weighs 15 lbs 7 oz, and is roughly 30" (I say roughly because it's hard to measure her at home). I noticed yesterday her car seat straps were too snug, so I moved the straps up to the highest slot. They are still pinching down on her shoulders!! Apparently the chicco keyfit is only rated up to 30". I never in a million years thought we would need a convertible car seat this early in the game. Lucky girl is going to be tall! She's wearing 6mos clothes unless it's pants or footed- then she needs 9mos. She moved up to size 3 diapers this week. 


She still sleeps like a champ. She wakes up SO happy in the morning. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! 


She loves to be outside. I mean looooooves. If she's fussing or being grouchy, I bring her toys outdoors and she's totally content. This week she discovered bubbles. They were a big hit! 




Speaking of toys, she's really loving her jumperoo! She makes some of the funniest faces and sounds. 


Solids are going really well. She's tried apples, sweet potatoes, squash, pears and bananas over the past 2 weeks. I think her favorite so far must be sweet potatoes. She really ohhhhhhs ahhhhs over them.


And she's finally figured out crawling! She scoots around doing the army crawl now.  Now we are really going to be busy :)


She's a very sweet girl these days. Still a bit timid around new faces, but eventually warms up to anyone. 


So glad the colicky newborn phase is behind us. Bring on the sun!