Monday, April 7, 2014

Plank Walls

I'm  not really sure what the technical term is for this stuff. Plank walls? Horizontal paneling? I don't know, but what I do know is that I am really in love with it. Of course, it depends on the type of house whether it would make sense to have this little architectural feature. I wouldn't want it in say a Georgian traditional, but in a low country/ tidal marsh style house? YOU BET! 

I love the character it adds to small spaces like bathrooms and hallways. 

source
source

source

source
 It even looks good in kitchens, living and dining rooms. 

source
source

 
source??        

What do you think? Do you love it like I do? While I'm loving things... let me share this link with you. Do yourself a favor and check out this home tour and house plan. Um, where's the money tree? 

source
Back to reality........ Monday.