Thursday, December 26, 2013

One Kings Lane Home Decor Style Resource


Recently I was asked by One Kings Lane what feature chair in my home best reflects my personal style. I love statement pieces in a room, but my favorite style is definitely one that is transitional. Something that gives a nod to the past but easily works with modern surroundings and accessories. In my house, that piece is definitely our linen club chair. I've used this chair in various rooms, and it works really well in just about any space.

In the master bedroom, the chair cozied up this corner. 


In the home office, the chair makes for a great reading nook. I love the traditional lines and tufting, especially when paired with a modern ikat pillow. The chair looks so feminine in the bedroom, and yet easily goes masculine in the office. Versatile for sure. 



If you love statement pieces, you will love the new One Kings Lane Home Decor Style Resource. This resource offers a wealth of information on design styles and the history of furniture pieces. It's a great way to educate yourself on the design process and also to figure out what style best suits you. If you are a home dec enthusiast like me, you'll easily get lost in all of the great articles, pictures, tips and advice. 

One Kings Lane is also a great place to find those unique accessories, designer and vintage favorites. Go check it out! Happy shopping!