Monday, October 14, 2013

A Wedding & A Baby Shower

We had a busy but fun weekend, and it's definitely making me feel this Monday. I actually slept through the night (RARE now) last night when we got back to Atlanta because I was so exhausted. Saturday my cousin Sonya got married, and Evans went to her "first" wedding. Sonya looked beautiful! It was great seeing family I hadn't seen in a long time, and catching up with these goobers, too... :) 

Me, Hubs, my parents, sister-in-law, and brother taking a break from dancing. I actually did get on the dance floor some, but definitely not as much as I would have had I not been carrying around a 5 lb baby.

 

With my pretty mom 



Sunday, my mother-in-law's church supper club threw Baby Evans a shower. It was so much fun to see everyone that Hubs grew up in church with. 

With all the wonderful hostesses, mother-in-law, and Evans' great grand Boofie. 

 

The food was delicious! Cheese stars, strawberry spread and graham crackers, spinach dip, chocolate covered bananas, cheesecake squares, pimento cheese, and chocolate pecan bites. What could be more southern than that? 

 

There were Bible verses with Evans' name incorporated into each one. They dealt with different themes like courage, commitment, self esteem, and love. I plan on making a little book from all of these to read to our baby girl.
 
 

The adorable cake was almost too cute to eat, but I'm glad we did eat it because it was dreamy. Ha. 

 

With my MIL

 

Digging into the food

 

Present time! Lots of wonderful goodies for baby. Including her first Christmas stocking!

 

Monogrammed quilt 

 

And I got to bring home the block letters that spell her name. I love seeing her name written out! Makes it all so real.


I'm so thankful for such a wonderful support group of family and friends to help us celebrate and prepare for this little girl. I know they will all love her so much. I can't believe the time is almost here! Next trip back home to SC I'll have a little girl in tow!