Friday, September 20, 2013

Mexican Lasagna

Last night, I made Mexican Lasagna. This stuff is so good. It's actually my mom's recipe, but I changed it up a bit for Hubs and my tastes. We like hot and spicy, my mom not so much. You can definitely leave out the extra kick if you want to. It's good either way. 


Pregnant or not, you'll love it. And this is my second recipe post in a week, what's gotten into me? Must be third trimester hunger. Ha!


10 uncooked lasagna noodles (I use the no-boil oven ready to speed it up)
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
1 15oz ricotta cheese
24 oz salsa (you pick variety- I used hot On the Border brand)
1 cup (or more if you want) Monterrey Jack cheese
Hot sauce, cayenne pepper to your taste
1 packet taco seasoning

Heat oven to 375. Cook beef and onion, and add taco seasoning and cayenne pepper. Cook until meat is browned. Place 5 of the noodles in bottom of ungreased dish (9x13). Layer with 1 1/2 cups beef mixture, 1 cup of ricotta cheese, and 1 1/4 cups of salsa. Repeat until ingredients are gone. Top with hot sauce and more cayenne to your taste... sprinkle the top with your Monterrey Jack cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting, and serve. 

This stuff is crack around here! I serve it with Tostito chips, salsa, and sour cream. Delish.