Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Thankful for Hand-me-downs

On Saturday, we headed out to Kennesaw to have lunch with my brother, sis-in-law, and nieces. It's hard to get together often with everyone's busy schedules, and my brother and hubby both travel a lot for their jobs... throw kids and Blakely in the mix and it's definitely a challenge to see each other as much as we'd like to! But, when we do it's always a great time.

My mom got the girls new outfits from a cute little boutique in Columbia, SC. Here's Lily sporting her new smocked dress and ruffled pants. She's so cute I could eat her.

 


Once Gray woke up from her nap, we went down to their neighborhood pool for ice cream social. Afterwards, we took the girls over to the playground. It was around 90 outside and humid as anything. We were there maybe 2 minutes, and Gray starts walking off to the car by herself and says "It's hot, let's go home".

Smartest 2 year old ever.

Uncle Hubs and Lily walking back. She was into his glasses.



Hi Aunt Ash!


While we were there, they loaded us up with baby gear. It's so helpful to have people like this in your life. Having a baby and preparing for one is a big challenge, and I love help when I can get it! I'm definitely not one of those people that has to have new everything. They gave us hooded bath towels, crib toys, a bath tub, a humidifier, a breastfeeding pillow, and Gray's old crib. Gray is now in her big girl princess bed. I'm so grateful for family!

Hubs put the crib together when we got home that night. :) It's official now.....



He surprised me while I was sleeping Saturday night and also whipped together baby girl's dresser. I was shocked to see it all put together, and surprised I didn't wake up to any of the noise, ha. Heavy sleeper for sure.

And the hardware should arrive today!