Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's 60th birthday! Happy birthday to my best friend. I love you mama! 
Over the weekend, the hubby and I went to my uncle's mountain house with my parents and my aunt and uncle. We spent a lot of time relaxing, eating, relaxing, sleeping, hiking (for a second! ha) and sleeping and eating more. It was perfect! 

For my mom's birthday, I contacted family and friends about a year ago and let them know I was putting together a scrap book for her. I asked everyone to write her birthday letters including favorite memories together and pictures. I gave my mom the book the first night we were at the mountain house.
She was so surprised!




Aunt Cindy bringing over tissues, some of the letters caused a few waterworks :)




And some of the letters caused her to fall over laughing! (Mainly Hubby's letter and my Aunt Paula's, haha)



Hubby and Dad reading a few letters... this must have been a serious one.


Dad's eyes shut and mom's open, that's a first.

She LOVED the book. Thanks to everyone that wrote letters! She read through it several times.



On Saturday this was the scene... a lot of front porch sitting and what my uncle calls "quality nothing" time. That's just what it was.


Even the doggies joined in. Sandy and Brandy have their M.D.s. Mountain Dog degrees.




The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL in Lake Lure. High of 76 and nothing but sunshine.





"If you are lucky enough to have a place in the mountains, you are lucky enough..."


Daddy's girl always and forever!


My uncle grilled ribs, hamburgers, and pork tenderloin. Did I mention we ate a lot?





Saturday after lunch we sang "happy birthday" to my sweet mama. 


She was laughing at the candles....they are little champagne bottles.


Make a wish!




A card from Aunt Cindy, one of mom's sisters. The front of the card was a picture of two little girls and it said "If you did it, I did it, too". It was so cute. 

Aunt Cindy and Mom


My mom's side of the family's genes aren't thick at all....

Hubby and me. 


My sweet parents


Hard to get back to reality today after such a fun and peaceful weekend with family! Happy, happy birthday, Mom. You are the best!