Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Mercantile

Hubs and I have been in the process of cleaning up our condo to make way for our new tenant, which means we've spent a good amount of time down in the old 'hood lately. Over the weekend we decided to make a day of it and ate lunch at our old place Verde Taqueria. To this day I think they have the best margaritas out there. While we were sitting there, we were reflecting on how much our lives have changed. Verde was a place we would frequent back when we were dating, and in our first year of marriage when I was still in school, working for nothing, and we were just trying to get by the best way we knew how. And it's weird to say it, but, I miss those days. I love our life in the burbs, and our newest family member Blakely pup, and I actually like my job... but it was nice to take a trip down memory lane- or down Dresden Drive in this case. 

After lunch we walked across the street (actually I walked, and hubs was drug) to a home design boutique that will make you swoon. The Mercantile on Dresden is amazing. If you haven't been in there, go. If you have champagne taste and a beer budget like me, still go just for the experience. Maybe while you are in there fabulous will rub off on you. It won't be all for nothing. And since not everyone lives in Atlanta, I snapped some pictures for you. 
















Maybe that's enough to plan your trip to the big city, or maybe it just leaves you with inspiration. Oh, and while you are there, stop into Verde and order the pulled pork taco and a Texas margarita. You'll need it after The Mercantile leaves your mouth watering.