Monday, October 8, 2012

Ownership

Well, today marks the one-whole-year date of being home owners!  We celebrated all weekend.

Hubs and me, closing day Oct. 8, 2011.  (By the way, Atlanta area peeps looking for a realtor, hubs has always gone to a friend of the family for her expertise.  She's awesome!)  Pre-moving and renovating exhaustion.  We look so happy here, don't we? We have no idea how much work is ahead of us.  Haha.


Pre-moving box #1.  Still smiling! 



It's gone by so fast, and yet so much has changed.  I've officially painted every single room in the house (and some rooms more than once- see kitchen, which went from gray- to blue- to red- to brown- to beige).   We've (hubs) done so much work in the yard, including removing a ton of crawling juniper and beds of ivy.  I've decorated and redecorated the kitchen and living room several times.  Just recently I took away a lot of the coastal/blue feel we had going on, and those rooms are sporting a more neutral look (with lots of pattern, of course, because I love pattern and can't land on just one!).

We hosted our small group at our house last night, which meant I cleaned up the house really well.  Hubs got a new phone with a really cool camera, so I managed to snap a couple pics while the house was so cleaned (and didn't look like anyone actually lived there- you know with laundry and mail piled up everywhere!).






And we finally got our porch fall ready!  





I scored a cheap clearance rug from West Elm that lives at our front door now. 




And I hung my Halloween swag.



And speaking of ownership- I watched my Gamecocks absolutely destroy those Dawgs.  I tell ya, living in Georgia is a LOT easier when your alma mater wins that game.  Go Gamecocks!  


People aren't really talking to me at work today... I'm not sure why...





Oh and, aside from the massacre that was, here's another reason to love SC. 



If that doesn't make you PROUD to be a Gamecock and an American, I don't know what does! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 'COCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!